Significance of the Name


My Blog’s name is a tribute to my Dad & my Husband. My Dad because he used to sing the song to me, "How 'd You Like to Swing on a Star?" It's about reaching for your dreams, you can stay where you are & be safe OR YOU CAN SWING ON STAR. Stars also refer to a difficult night just after my husband died. I was talking to him (I often do.) & said how I missed his "I Love You's". That night he gave me a dream... a gorgeous, bright blue night sky filled with thousands of stars, in the middle the stars formed an "I LOVE YOU"....such a gift on so many levels.

So "follow your own path, & don't worry about the darkness, for that is when the stars shine brightest”

Tuesday, June 28, 2011

AT LONG LAST A HEADER THAT FITS!!!!!

I have had soooo much trouble with software and getting the header I wanted for my blog. My original header was too small and no one could get it to fit. 
(Thank-you to my daughter's friend Gabby who spent so much time trying to figure it out!)
Then I tried using Photoshop, but the learning curve was to time consuming. After many frustrations I finaIly purchased Photoshop Elements 9. It still took quite a learning curve, and I am still learning so much.

 Today after installing the new software in my new MAC, I just persisted until I came up with what you now see. (Hope you like it)

You can't imagine how I held my breath until it appeared in my header spot. 
Can you tell I'm a bit excited and rather proud of myself?

Now I can begin this blogging journey. I am not sure where it will lead, but here goes.... 
I not only want to talk about arts, crafts, flea market experiences but sometimes about the journey we are all taking together....

I have many decisions to make, but my next post will be about the Wedding Shower Bulbs  pics featured in my header. Let me know what you think of my header...

No comments:

Post a Comment