Significance of the Name


My Blog’s name is a tribute to my Dad & my Husband. My Dad because he used to sing the song to me, "How 'd You Like to Swing on a Star?" It's about reaching for your dreams, you can stay where you are & be safe OR YOU CAN SWING ON STAR. Stars also refer to a difficult night just after my husband died. I was talking to him (I often do.) & said how I missed his "I Love You's". That night he gave me a dream... a gorgeous, bright blue night sky filled with thousands of stars, in the middle the stars formed an "I LOVE YOU"....such a gift on so many levels.

So "follow your own path, & don't worry about the darkness, for that is when the stars shine brightest”

Friday, October 7, 2011

Adding A Little Fall Makes A Room So Warm and Cozy


Don't you just love the color and coziness of Fall!  
So many wonderful memories of past falls and Halloweens. Every year I take pictures of my tabletop designs. I like taking my regular decor pieces and  making something new. 

My Mantle

  
I love finding new things to this feathered garland I found at TJ Maxx.
You just never know what you are going to find there or how you will end up using it.
One of my favorite things is the old movie reel box. It is often on my mantle.
 I found it out our local Flea market, Trader Jacks for a $1.00!

You can't tell but the mantle is painted a gun metal silver.


Coffee Table




I also found the cloche at TJ Maxx. I use it in dozens of different ways.
If you remember my post about my sister friend, Jeanne, she bought me the lovely Michael Aram tray for my last birthday. It is very dear to me.
The pine cone was a Christmas Tree ornament, but I use it year round.
I love using things from nature.



I've had this burlap ribbon for a year or so and the tacks were left over from another project. Don't you love finding a new use for something you've stashed away.

This is on a giant lazy suzy on my kitchen island. It is from a wine keg.
I use it dozens of ways and you will see it over and over again.



If you enjoyed my blog I would be very happy if you joined my followers.
Hope this gives you your own decorating ideas!


Please enjoy these links
The Brambleberry Cottage
Romantic Home
The Shabby Creek Cottage
The Thrifty Decor Chick


1 comment:

  1. I just love your pumpkin!!! I might have to make one of those!!

    ReplyDelete