Significance of the Name


My Blog’s name is a tribute to my Dad & my Husband. My Dad because he used to sing the song to me, "How 'd You Like to Swing on a Star?" It's about reaching for your dreams, you can stay where you are & be safe OR YOU CAN SWING ON STAR. Stars also refer to a difficult night just after my husband died. I was talking to him (I often do.) & said how I missed his "I Love You's". That night he gave me a dream... a gorgeous, bright blue night sky filled with thousands of stars, in the middle the stars formed an "I LOVE YOU"....such a gift on so many levels.

So "follow your own path, & don't worry about the darkness, for that is when the stars shine brightest”

Wednesday, October 26, 2011

The Gift Presentation Makes the Person Feel They ARE Special.....

In my last post ( Here )  I did a "Show 'n Tell" about a wedding gift bulb
I designed that made me think outside of the box.
Well this IS the box I designed to present it in. Ha! 

The person that bought the bulb was giving it as a gift to a friend just loved it and so did the friend, THANK GOODNESS!! I always stress over these things.
Anyway this is how the gift box turned out...
 I truly love doing gift wraps and table scapes, can you tell????

While I usually find these boxes at my nearby Michael's they were out and I was stressing over finding one in time. I was roaming through TJ Maxx's one day (love that place!) and saw this Halloween box.
I grabbed my trusty silver spray paint can and worked some magic 
and you know how I LOVE magic!



   I was contemplating how I was going to approach the rest of this when I saw this feather piece at Michaels.....inspiration struck and I was off and running!!!

.




 I added the artwork on the sides and little glitter in some of the leaves, fun. Glitter is always fun!

I also made this draw string "sock" to put it in. I liked the zebra print to go with the zoo theme which was where the wedding was held. I am not very good in the sewing department, but I think it looked pretty good. Any advice is welcomed.

I found these at "jewels" at JoAnn Fabric and loved the idea that the draw string ends were not the same.
I'm NOT a matchey-matchey person!


I just think that after you go to all the trouble to find a special gift you just can't throw it in a paper gift bag and call it a day. If you want the person to feel special, you make it special...you put a little special touch to it that says they are special to you. It's the same as setting a lovely table...it says you cared enough to make this pretty for them, an added gift, a little show of how special you feel about them.
I hope you try your own creative version of gift wrap and see how much your friends will love it! I'd love to hear your stories....please tell all!


If you would like to have one of these gift boxes made for you or a bulb made for a special event you can email me on my link.
Please Enjoy These Links:

1 comment: