Significance of the Name


My Blog’s name is a tribute to my Dad & my Husband. My Dad because he used to sing the song to me, "How 'd You Like to Swing on a Star?" It's about reaching for your dreams, you can stay where you are & be safe OR YOU CAN SWING ON STAR. Stars also refer to a difficult night just after my husband died. I was talking to him (I often do.) & said how I missed his "I Love You's". That night he gave me a dream... a gorgeous, bright blue night sky filled with thousands of stars, in the middle the stars formed an "I LOVE YOU"....such a gift on so many levels.

So "follow your own path, & don't worry about the darkness, for that is when the stars shine brightest”

Monday, December 19, 2011

Just A Little More Christmas

With so much to do in preparing for Christmas I still can't stop adding one more thing here and there...... I just can't stop myself. Do you do that?  Inspiration strikes and I have to go for it. So I'm browsing through Pinterest - Christmas Decor and I see this picture....


I then remembered that I had just packed away some red pillows I was using in the gameroom. I use this same green throughout my home so of course I already had the green ribbon. I preferred not to add any addition "jewelry".

I love this shade of green!!



 Do you believe how the ribbon matched the toss pillows I already had perfectly? 

NEXT:

I bought this soap dish a while ago. Didn't know exactly what I was going to do with it at the time. I bought this cute little bird a couple weeks ago and suddenly I knew what I was going to do with the soap dish......

FINALLY...
My good friend Heather from Larissa Hill Designs has been encouraging me to get back to my pen and ink drawings especially in minature. She is always encouraging me in many ways. We all need a friend like her in our lives. I saw these frames on sale the other day and knew exactly what I was going to do with them. I still had several gift extras I wanted to add.

 They are done on vintage music from a music book published in 1911.

 The inside measurements are 1 1/2" wide and 2" high.
 Pen and ink, water color,  pine cones in silver and brown glitter and Swarovski crystals. I can't tell you how much fun I had doing these. I was thinking of doing more of these in different subjects after the Holidays and putting them on my Etsy site. I'm thinking greenery, rabbits, flowers like violets with touches of color and a little embellishing. I would love to know what you think. I love doing rabbits and birds. What do YOU think?


  

I hope you all are finding some time to set aside all the stress and craziness to enjoy this wonderous time of the year. Merry Christmas and Happy Hanukkah to you all.


Hope you enjoy these links:
Polish the Stars
Dittle Dattle
Crafts Keep Me Sane
The Sasse Life
It's Overflowing
Michele Raven Designs
The French Cupboard
Somewhat Simple
The Brambleberry Cottage
Delightful Order

6 comments:

  1. I love the red pillows with the green bow and the drawings are adorable what great gifts. You are very talented. I'm visiting from Amaze Me Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love all you little extra touches. The pillows are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What nice pillows those turned out to be! Oh, and the little framed pictures are so vintage-looking! I love them!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These pillow are darling! The green is the perfect shade!!! And I LOVE LOVE LOVE your drawings!!! I'm glad you linked up at Overflowing with Creativity! It's SUPER FUN having you as my BLOGGY FRIEND!!!

    XO,
    Aimee from ItsOverflowing

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that shade of green too--perfect for Christmas colors. All your ideas are so sweet! Have a fabulous Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Shari; I love, love, love my pen and ink wreath. It holds a special place in my powder room and in my heart. Merry Christmas with love, Heather

    ReplyDelete