Significance of the Name


My Blog’s name is a tribute to my Dad & my Husband. My Dad because he used to sing the song to me, "How 'd You Like to Swing on a Star?" It's about reaching for your dreams, you can stay where you are & be safe OR YOU CAN SWING ON STAR. Stars also refer to a difficult night just after my husband died. I was talking to him (I often do.) & said how I missed his "I Love You's". That night he gave me a dream... a gorgeous, bright blue night sky filled with thousands of stars, in the middle the stars formed an "I LOVE YOU"....such a gift on so many levels.

So "follow your own path, & don't worry about the darkness, for that is when the stars shine brightest”

Sunday, April 22, 2012

I LOVE SURPRISES

I LOVE SURPRISES SO I JUST HAD TO POST that I just found a wonderful blog full of fashion, decor and so much more, even  recipes. It is a beautifully and creatively presented. Marsha's writing is interesting and concise. The whole composition to speak in artist terms is quite lovely and fun! My new goal is to make more of an impact with less pictures and more concise writing...so hard for me!!! Anyway, the more I do my blogging the more I love the whole blogging community. If the world were more like our creative blog community it would be a much better place!

AnywayI left a comment about how much I had enjoyed her blog. Actually I loved it so much I spent the better part of my Sunday afternoon going through older posts!  Did I tell you I am going to sell my house and I am supposed to be painting, purging and cleaning out my flower beds....this was just so much more fun though!!

The site is:

So I received an email from Marsha just a while ago to find that I had been given a random gift for my post on her blog. They are these ear rings from her line of jewelry:


Aren't they beautiful!

I am going to LOVE wearing these....if I can keep my 25 year old daughter from them!
My step son and daughter-in-law are taking me to Las Vegas in the fall and I just know I will get ohhhs and awwws when I wear these!!!

When you have time to really explore a lovely blog you should double click my link and enjoy.


Hope you all are having a great Sunday. Mine just got perfect...I just love surprise, don't you?  
I'm leaving now to celebrate with a nice glass of cabernet.

Shari

You can all tell I have to do a lot of work on that concise thing??!!!

3 comments:

  1. We are going to be such good friends. I knew it when I read your comment to me. What a lovely lady you are. Just keep swinging on a star...I've lived my whole life like that and it's been a very good ride. xx's

    ReplyDelete
  2. I too like to focus more on telling stories, the funny and quirky things, the insights, etc., but CONCISE is so difficult. Try as I may, it just doesn't happen. I actually gave up journalism my first year of college when I found out that was a "requirement" of good writing. :) I've been writing ever since anyway.

    I will have to check Martha's blog out. She sounds like a great story teller and a sweet lady!

    ReplyDelete