Significance of the Name


My Blog’s name is a tribute to my Dad & my Husband. My Dad because he used to sing the song to me, "How 'd You Like to Swing on a Star?" It's about reaching for your dreams, you can stay where you are & be safe OR YOU CAN SWING ON STAR. Stars also refer to a difficult night just after my husband died. I was talking to him (I often do.) & said how I missed his "I Love You's". That night he gave me a dream... a gorgeous, bright blue night sky filled with thousands of stars, in the middle the stars formed an "I LOVE YOU"....such a gift on so many levels.

So "follow your own path, & don't worry about the darkness, for that is when the stars shine brightest”

Saturday, May 26, 2012

Thinking Pink!







I haven't posted in a while I know. I haven't for many reasons, mainly because I am busy getting my house ready to sell.....25 years of accumulated things and memories is a lot to go through. The task seems insurmountable at times. So much to do since I let some house repairs slide since my husband passed, so working hard to catch up. Some of my gardens beds have been sadly neglected too. 



Attending to my blog was becoming another anxiety which I think helped create an artist's block if you will. I think I need to find a new direction to take my blog...not sure what it is yet. Have been looking and studying many other blogs. I suppose as I am making big changes in my life, a purging if you will, I feel the need to rethink my blog also. In the mean time I am not adding blog deadlines to my agenda. I am, for now "SURPRISE BLOGGING" I will call it. Don't know when or about what but that's what I am doing....

So be patient with me dear friends while I "find my self" yet again. 


Today I am posting about PINK. Inspired by a blogger: How Sweet The Sound. 
She has a Link Party called, PINK SATURDAY (Pink Saturday Link) Party. 
And it is her 4th Birthday....Happy Birthday!





I found her through one of my favorite blogs:
Splenderosa (Here)
Marsha was wishing the above blogger Happy Birthday and I thought I would join in the fun!

I love pink...it is such a happy color and 
I have a Pinterest board titled "Think Pink"
(HERE)

The board title is from a song in the Hepburn/Astaire movie, 
"Funny Face"

You can see it here:


I was motivated for the first time in weeks to post. 
This is fun and we all need a little fun in our lives. 
(Besides I had planned to carry all the deck furniture up to the deck today...in 87* weather....this is SO much more fun!)

So just some eye candy, fun and maybe inspirations for you.
 These are the Think Pink's I was drawn to:

 In the home..


Love Louie Chairs:



Love Retro
 





 Fun...



We Could All use a little Ewww La La:





Fun

Magical


These are NOT from MY Garden...




Sweet Dreams,


Sending Lovely Pink Wishes Your way,




Shari

Please Check Out These Links for More Inspirations:

11 comments:

  1. A very special post with so many wonderful Pink Saturday Birthday wishes and photos. Your blog is lovely and I wish you all the best in your re-do. Happy Pink Saturday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such beautiful pins!
    Happy Pink Saturday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was the pink books in your link that caught my eye.

    Great pinks.

    I'm so sorry to hear of the loss of your husband. Changes are tough to make as they are without the intensity of losing one's husband.

    I like how you phrased your blogging as "surprise blogging". Sounds like a great approach.

    One step at a time with a lot going on . . . take care of you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i love the dresses!!!

    Please come and link at my Color Connection meme through my PINKentry, hope you'll join the fun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know Beverly will be thrilled to see you, as I am. This is wonderful, Shari. And, thank you for the shout out. xx's

    ReplyDelete
  6. What lovely pinks. They were a great surprise. I think we should all think about our lives as each day truly is a surprise. Some days better than others. So why make a schedule that is no fun to keep anyway!! Just know thoughts are with you as you move through your surprise days.

    LL

    ReplyDelete
  7. Pink has always been my favorite color, so all of your photos have brightened my day! Wishing you smooth days ahead in preparing for the sale of your house. Pop in and let us know how things are going. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete