Significance of the Name


My Blog’s name is a tribute to my Dad & my Husband. My Dad because he used to sing the song to me, "How 'd You Like to Swing on a Star?" It's about reaching for your dreams, you can stay where you are & be safe OR YOU CAN SWING ON STAR. Stars also refer to a difficult night just after my husband died. I was talking to him (I often do.) & said how I missed his "I Love You's". That night he gave me a dream... a gorgeous, bright blue night sky filled with thousands of stars, in the middle the stars formed an "I LOVE YOU"....such a gift on so many levels.

So "follow your own path, & don't worry about the darkness, for that is when the stars shine brightest”

Tuesday, June 5, 2012

A Little Gratitude Gift

HOW DO YOU CONVEY HOW GRATEFUL you are for a kindness?
It wasn't a huge thing that was done, it was just that it was done by someone I am not close to.
I was so touched by her random act of kindness.

Sometimes you just don't quite know how to thank someone for going out of their way.
I often feel that since I am an artist something that included my artwork would be appreciated.

So I made this journal for her.
Every detail was done with my feelings of gratitude.



I painted the cardinal on canvas paper with acrylics and collaged it on this beautiful scrapbook paper.

Added a few "santa claus"/dandelion seeds and handpainted pinecones edged in glitter, some vintage lace and a few vintage chandelier crystals.



I wrapped it up in lovely gift wrap...sorry forgot to get a pic.

Expressing and Feeling Gratitude actually motivated my own creativity. 
Ok now I suppose I am also grateful to this friend for inspiring creativity in me too so I received several gifts from her act of kindness.....Lucky Me! 

I am grateful that you stopped by too!

Shari
Links you should see...

5 comments:

  1. This is very beautiful! I'm sure your friend will love it. What did you make the journal out of?

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is beautiful! The journal itself is amazing and the cardinal you painted is fantastic! I do believe she will be thrilled to get this:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the cardinal, one of my favorite birds by far. I am sure this nice person will love your journal gift.
    Thanks for sharing.
    Michele

    ReplyDelete
  4. That was a very nice painting of cardinal bird and I love you collage art with it. I would love for you to share this at link party I am having today. Hope to see you there!

    xo
    Myric

    ReplyDelete
  5. Shari,
    Thanks so much for finding my blog interesting enough to become a follower.
    I wanted to follow up on your comment "what is The Flying Unicorn" about. It is a place to join where you have your own page like a timeline page on face book (I guess this is a good explanation). The site offers challenges, swaps and online classes. You can upload your art work to the site and post conversations with other artists and such. It is free to join.
    I hope this was helpful.
    Have a wonderful week.
    Michele
    http://nookcrannygifts.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete