Significance of the Name


My Blog’s name is a tribute to my Dad & my Husband. My Dad because he used to sing the song to me, "How 'd You Like to Swing on a Star?" It's about reaching for your dreams, you can stay where you are & be safe OR YOU CAN SWING ON STAR. Stars also refer to a difficult night just after my husband died. I was talking to him (I often do.) & said how I missed his "I Love You's". That night he gave me a dream... a gorgeous, bright blue night sky filled with thousands of stars, in the middle the stars formed an "I LOVE YOU"....such a gift on so many levels.

So "follow your own path, & don't worry about the darkness, for that is when the stars shine brightest”

Saturday, April 20, 2013

Created Artwork Leap




Just a quick post because I now seem to have more time for my creating and I just added 2 original art illustrations in multi media and 10 prints all numbered and signed on my Etsy sight:

They are multi-media pen and ink with graphite and a touch of gold for elegance. I can't tell you how much I loved doing these and how they just poured forth. 

This is the first time I am selling a piece of my art work on line. The originals are matted on 6"x6" acid free Bristol with a vellum finish. Both signed.  The prints signed and numbered. There are only 10 of each.








This is an artistic area I don't often share.  My friends Jeanne and Heather have been pressing me to pursue more of this. I am excited and nervous about putting these out there, it is not easy for me.  It is so personal to me. My friend Heather gave me a gift of this wonderful large chalk board in my kitchen. I often put quotes on it. Here is the current one it is pretty dead on:
"Leap...and the net shall appear." A Zen Proverb.
So here goes the first of many "Leaps" I hope to be taking.

Thanks for stopping by, 




1 comment: