Significance of the Name


My Blog’s name is a tribute to my Dad & my Husband. My Dad because he used to sing the song to me, "How 'd You Like to Swing on a Star?" It's about reaching for your dreams, you can stay where you are & be safe OR YOU CAN SWING ON STAR. Stars also refer to a difficult night just after my husband died. I was talking to him (I often do.) & said how I missed his "I Love You's". That night he gave me a dream... a gorgeous, bright blue night sky filled with thousands of stars, in the middle the stars formed an "I LOVE YOU"....such a gift on so many levels.

So "follow your own path, & don't worry about the darkness, for that is when the stars shine brightest”

Sunday, March 4, 2012

Gift Wrap Creates Excitement & Interest, A Little Pre-Gift Fun!


I DON'T OFTEN SPEND a lot of money on giftwrap,
 but every so often I really love to do this!!!
The gift was for a wedding of a daughter of some great friends. 
The gift was one of Michael Aram's  beautiful trays. 
I couldn't find the tray, but this is a sample of his work.
He does such beautiful things from nature.

So off to my source for exceptional giftwrap and ribbon. 
I found this beautiful paper, I guess you would call it flocked
 and this BEAUTIFUL MIDORI RIBBON!!!!!



It is quite different from our Michael's ribbon..'LIKE BUTTA" and so DECADENT!
I add a vintage flea market find to the center of the bow. EWWW La La!




Then I made my own gift tag from collaging the leaves, 
adding Swarovski crystals and hand painting the flowers for color!
Attached it with some silver cord.



The giftwrap got great revues and I expect since the bride carefully stored every piece of the wrapping away to keep meant she also appreciated the effort put forth.


It certainly does not have to be expensive as you can see on my brown paper Christmas wrap post  HERE to be beautiful, fun or quirky.
It just says to the person they are special by not just plunking 
it in a gift bag and adding some tissue.
 It's a lovely way of showing how special you feel about the person. 
Maybe match the giftwrap to compliment the colors in the gift or if you use a gift bag add a unique bow or dangle to the side or use a brown paper gift bag and decorate it with lace or sheet music or what ever comes to mind.




HAPPY GIFTING, Shari

Enjoy These Wonderful Links:

6 comments:

  1. That is just beautiful! I love what you did with the whole thing, but the tag is totally yum with the crystals! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. looks super cute what a great idea would love to have you come see me at http://shopannies.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely package! I wanted to thank you for visiting my blog. Please let me know how the No-Sew pillows turn out!

    http://shabbysweetea.com

    ReplyDelete